Monday, December 6, 2010

DAY 112

MONDAY

Lizzy - Tonight's activity was the Natural museum of History up at the U. I had heard they are free of charge on the 1st Monday of each month when we were living in Sugarhouse and I thought it would be fun to try. But forgot about it till my cousin sent an email with the info. (Thanks::) So we packed up and headed up there. Some friends joined us and we toured the place. VERY neat. I am sorry I haven't gone sooner. I would actually like to go up one day without the kids and take time to read the information. We then headed back to our friends to play games and have hot cocoa. Normal admission is $7 per adult and $3.50 for kids over 3. Then additional parking would have been about $2-3 on a normal day. However we showed up around 6 so parking was considered "after hours" and free at that point. We also concluded this would have been a fun night to just stop and have cocoa out on the town with our friends. And usually we never just get cocoa we always add fries or sandwich for the kids and then today Ryan had not eaten dinner so right there we would have added another $20 or so going out to eat.
So a $40 night ended up a $0 night:) And it was pretty fun:)
I also had to add a funny picture. As we were getting ready to go the kids were laughing and playing around and when I looked both were in my pots cupboard. Had to grab the camera and snap a shot.:)

Ryan - The thing about writing second is a I have to dig deep for thoughts write on this blog. It's been almos 4 month and we are still doing it. We haven't been perfect and we can even tighten things up, but I'm proud of our progress and overall mindset. We've avoided spending more than necessary and the blessing is when we've had unexpected cost come up (i.e. flooding of our toilet and car repair) we had the funds and didn't have to dip into our savings. I thing that's the big difference from the past. Lizzy and I have matured financially and to our surprise our kids haven't suffered as much as we thought (though they wouldn't know it, since they depend on us either way). I think the remaining time we can start refining our goal and look at minimizing cost even more without the big growing pains as when we first started. I think our groceries can be simplified to where we take eliminate the wants that we have been purchasing (i.e. snacks and desserts). Lizzy was reading an website on yahoo where a family tried to see how far their money could stretch to feed a family of four. I think we should implement this as soon as possible.


 TODAY'S WANTED ITEM: Tonight's Activity
COST: $40
TOTAL $ SAVED YTD: $3646.30








1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures!!! especially Jack's face in the cupboard...too cute!

    ReplyDelete