Wednesday, December 1, 2010

DAY 108

WEDNESDAY

Lizzy - So things fell apart yesterday. Not only did the tire go flat but my disposal stopped working and the toilet upstairs wasn't flushing. So I just about had a melt down and then wondered how much this would all cost. But to my surprise we didn't spend a dime and everything has been fixed. Ryan fixed the toilet and yes we could have gotten a new part for it but he managed to rig it and make it work. The disposal was only clogged from my potato peels that I let fall down there so nothing to pay for there. The I took my car in today to Discount Tire and had it fixed free of charge. YES!! So better day by far. However yesterday evening was a nice surprise. My visiting teachers came and took me out for some soup and cocoa last night around 8. I was in my pajamas and ready to settle in when I got the knock on the door. It was a nice girls getaway. She paid for the whole thing which was really sweet. I am really starting to miss going out on a girls night activity. However unless I die which I am not planning to do right away, I will still get to in 9 or so months.
Tonight we are taking the kids out to see a live nativity scene. Another free activity oh yeah! It is very cold so I hope that we don't have to wait too long out there but I hear its worth it. Another victory with savings. I took the kids with me to change the tire (had no choice really) and it was right during lunch time. We could smell Mcdonalds across the street and Gracie asked to go eat something and would not let up. My fault for not packing treats in the car but we wouldn't have been able to get to them anyway. Jack too struggled because I forgot a drink but right as I was about to break down and get something they came out and said the car was done so I only had to listen to their cries the whole way home:) $5 saved SWEET!






Ryan - I was beginning to regret doing the Nativity activity after waiting in line with a kid who didn't want to walk (Gracie). So Lizzy and switched back and forth for 1 hour while we waited. Our arms were beat by the end of the night, but the end of the wait was worth the wait. Incredible probs made the everything look authentic.

 TODAY'S WANTED ITEM:  McD's
COST: $5
TOTAL $ SAVED YTD: $3606.30

No comments:

Post a Comment