Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 119

Monday

Ryan - Spent all day watching kids and getting some stuff done around the house. Watch our neighbors kid, or rather Gracie played with our neighbor for 4 hours. So I mainly took care of Jack and cleaned up after the kids. I do enjoy spending time with the kids. They are great.

Tonight we wanted to get out of the house, so we went to our neighbors to visit her after her hip surgery. Then we went to Becky's to let the kids to play. Now we are going to watch Harry Potter.

When we got home a ward member left us some Christmas treats for some work I did for her. It was very nice and the world should work more like this. Doing service for one another.

Lizzy - Ah yes notice the first words from Ryan "watched the kids all day". So where was I you ask? Well let me tell you. Woke up at 7 to go to work and actually enjoyed it without the kids there. Then went to get my hair colored....huh? did I just say that? YES I DID. No it wasn't free but no I didn't pay for it. Another Christmas gift $ to the salon. I told them I couldn't spend more than the gift money so to only use it for a few touch ups with the blond however I got the most amazing girl who said "Oh I have no other clients today and its been very slow so if you want I will just do your whole head. Is that POSSIBLE?! It was. Then the next bonus was once we decided I was going to go dark all over she brought up my eyebrow situation. She asked her friend who was there chatting with us since she had no clients if she wouldn't mind coloring and waxing the brows. I was very reluctant at first since I have never done this nor am I sure coloring my brows darker was a good idea.  I then said I don't have enough $ to cover that and that I am strictly on the gift budget. So MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME... she said she would do it free since it was my first time. So I got taken back to the spa area where the waterfalls were and the music was playing and I was pampered. Lucky was not even close to describing it.
GOING TO THE DARK SIDE!
So I love the new color and think  I may stay here a while. Well....hahaha I will HAVE to stay here a while regardless till this $ saving gig is over with!  I was pressured to buy their hair care product package of $15 and told it would keep my color lasting longer. Easily would have taken that home with me. But alas I will use my cheap Sams Club bulk size shampoo to get the job done. Will have to deal with fading color and turning into a carrot head..oh well.

So then from there I went straight to pick up the boys from school (and boys I mean the ones I am now tending) Spent 1-2 hours with them then came home. And from there Ryan explained the rest of our night. 


 TODAY'S WANTED ITEM: Hair Package
COST: $15
TOTAL $ SAVED YTD: $3681.30


1 comment:

  1. Lizzy, you dark saxy thang! Love it! And how cool were those girls at the salon?!?!?

    ReplyDelete