Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 132-133

Monday
Ryan - I have to admit a weakness of mine. When buying things, I prefer the expensive and/or the shinny cool thing over the cheap dull looking thing. For example, On Christmas Eve, I had to buy a new mouse for my work computer, because we had accidentally washed the other one and then I broke it trying to fix the wheel. Anyways, I found the exact model of the one I use to have, and then I saw a cheaper one that pretty much did the same thing as the one I use to have. Well at first I pretended not to notice it (i.e. ignored it) and proceeded to get the one that I thought was cool looking. Then  but I knew I was being materialistic and I thought of our goal and said, I can't, so I picked the cheaper one. Of course I felt disappointed, but It was the right choice. These are the things I need to fight. This will be a big savings if I can master this impulse.

Tuesday
Ryan - Well we didn't go shopping over the weekend and so selections were pretty slim. Luckily I made some pasta the night before and so I packed that for lunch. We were out of Oatmeal and had no milk for cereal, so I just guzzled a glass of OJ and took some snacks to tide me over til lunch.

Savings:
$6 (Cheaper mouse) + $6 (Lunch at work)
Total Savings: $3693.60

No comments:

Post a Comment