Friday, October 1, 2010

DAY 47 + 48

Lizzy -
Thursday was such a busy day. First thing was getting Gracie up and ready for school. Then we had Comcast come and set up our new line (yay) everything works and we should see our bills drop starting next month. Then I went to pick her up and she was very excited to tell me all about "Fall Time" She makes such cute things at school. So after the run down and some lunch we headed up to Ryan's work to visit then off to Red Butte Gardens. A friend invited us to go but the one mistake I made was not taking my cell. We were going to meet up at 1 but I missed all her calls saying she needed to come later. So in the end we didn't make it around to see the gardens:( But that's OK. The one reason we were going is that she had free tickets to get in.
Otherwise it would have been $8. I did hesitate for a min thinking maybe she wasn't coming so I might just take the kids in but couldn't justify the $. Its funny that we actually passed each other. She was coming in while I was leaving but I didn't have my cell so I didn't get the message till we got home. I think that will be my challenge. When I leave the house I am just expecting everything to work out but, that will not always be the case. As a society we rely so much on cells that every minute we get an update. Oh well....I actually don't mind:) On the way home both kids fell asleep and I started feeling sick. So when I came home we all crashed. Last night I was supposed to go to my CERT class (community emergency response team) I am taking this 8 week course on Emergency Preparedness at the fire department. Its very interesting. We get to put out real fires and perform drills.

But of course due to my illness I could not get myself out of bed. Ryan was nice enough to take the kids over to his parents and let me have the evening home alone to relax.
Today, I did all my grocery shopping. Since conference is this weekend I wanted to relax and enjoy the two days.
I stayed home from work just feeling ill again. I think I caught some cold/bug or something. So this morning was bad but by mid afternoon I was feeling much better. Tonight I am picking up a friend of my cousins from Ireland. He came in to see conference and meet my cousin again. Its going to be fun chatting with him about his homeland and my favorite place on earth:)

Since this is his first time to America I wanted to go get some fun items for his big welcome at the airport. But of course I need to stay true to this $ thing so instead he will get a homemade sign that Gracie helped decorate....its a bit sloppy but I don't think he will be too picky...in fact he shouldn't be considering I am giving him a ride lol.

Because its the 1st we put out all the Halloween decorations today, lit the
candles and made some cider. Love
 this time of year!!!



Ryan - 
Thursday - Lizzy was sick so we had a repeat of Wednesday.
Friday - Today forgot lunch so I ate crackers. Suprisingly, I wasn't too hungry. I guess the oatmeal I ate this morning did the trick. If I keep this up, I'll be able to fit into those size 4's that have been in my dresser for the last year. I'm so excited :).

TODAY'S WANTED ITEM:Red Butte Ticket / Irish Signs
COST: $8 / $5

TOTAL $ SAVED YTD: $2997.56

No comments:

Post a Comment