Thursday, October 7, 2010

DAY 53 + 54

Wednesday
Lizzy - This morning was another typical day at work. I did come home a little early and went to an interview at Deseret Book. They are needing help for the Holidays so it would only be a few months of extra work but that's all I am looking for. I should know by next week hopefully sooner. My only challenge would be finding a babysitter. It's only a 12-15 hour a week job so its not going to be too much. The one thing I laughed about when I left and that probably wont get me the job is that they asked me what book I read last and who my favorite author was. LOL my mind went blank and I realized I am trying to apply for a bookstore and I don't even read books. However in my defense, with the age of my kids right now I read a lot of books for 3 year olds :):) So I would not be shocked if I didn't get it lol! So the rest of the day I visited with Ray and also a friend who stopped by with some yummy treats! Then my sister and mom came over that evening with books for Gracie and just to hang out. So if was a full day. My downfall was that I really wanted to just go get some take out for dinner tonight. I forgot to get the crock pot started this afternoon so we didn't have much to eat for dinner. We pulled out odds and ends some tuna fish and crackers with grapes and pasta...just a mix of whatever. So I am very sure with how I was feeling we would have just gone out to eat tonight. $24 saved today

Ryan - Can't shake this illness. Worked on a roof tonight. It will be nice to get this roof done. It gets dark by 7:20 and I feel like I'm just getting started.

TODAY'S WANTED ITEM:Take out
COST: $24

TOTAL $ SAVED YTD: $3021.56


Thursday
~Lizzy - Oh this was a rough day. Mostly just because I  have no energy to entertain my kids. Does it make me a bad mother if we just stay downstairs and watch movies all day???? ok so I did walk gracie to school and then we did go for a walk to my moms tonight and visited with a neighbor. So it wasn't all day but I felt like it was the longest day! Trying to play make believe wears me out after an hour. No money spent!

Ryan - Got some new work from NovaSource. They have kept me busy for about 7-10 hours for the last few months. It will be nice if this keeps up. Especially during the winter months. I also got an e-mail from a past customer that wants me to do some work on his house. I'm trying to tone things down a bit, so I can spend some time with the family. I think after this roof job I'll take a whole week off. Wait a minute, I'll have to do that anyways, because Lizzy is going to New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment