Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 58-60

Monday
Ryan - Well with being so busy with side jobs, getting Lizzy ready for her NY trip, we've neglected our blog. We'll I'm going to help us get caught up. I drove the car to work, since Becky had my truck loaded with branches to take to school. It's not a savings really since she's taking to her school tomorrow. Wait it is a savings, because, I"m going to car pool with Steve so I won't be driving to work.
Lizzy - Im back tracking so I don't remember this day....sorry:(


Tuesday
Ryan - Lizzy and I have been debating if buying Jet Dry for dishwasher would be compromising our goal. It ran out about two weeks ago and our dishes have gotten really bad. So the debate is spending 3-4 for a little bottle of Jet Dry that does 80 washes out weighs the 80+ times I have to do dishes. Washing dishes by hand take 15-20 minutes at the end of the day. Putting dishes in the dishwasher takes 5-10 minutes. That's a difference of 5-10 minutes. Multiply that by 80 that's a minimum 400 minutes (almost 7 hours) or a maximum 800 minutes (14 hours) that little bottle saves me. Of course, I'm describing this in biased terms. I'm still going to think about this and do dishes by hand a few times and see how accurate my estimations are.
Lizzy - I did not know that the dishes would such a big issue with you ryan:) However I won't complain since your the one doing them the most. I went to work and spent another day planning on getting things ready for my trip

Wednesday
Ryan - Well I did dishes by hand today, because the dishwasher and the Cascade were leaving a horrible residue on all the dishes. I like how the box specifically says that it "rinses away residue, leave dishes sparkling." Without Jet Dry that is completely false. At least in Utah and considering our hard water issues. Anyways it really took me 20 minutes, and because I didn't have enough drying towels, I had to leaves some dishes for another day, because I had work to do.
Lizzy - I have had mixed emotions about leaving for this trip. Gracie has been really sad and clingy today. She keeps asking me not to go and it makes me sick in my stomach hoping nothing will happen to anyone or myself while I'm gone. All those aweful thoughts come into your mind of what would happen if you died. So today I got myself packed and just sat and played with my kids all day. I will miss them!  I am happy to say that I have not spent any money in getting things for this. My sister and I both planned on what we would need and what we each had already. So tomorrow I go:) And because of the trip I wont be writing for the days I am gone. 

Thursday
Ryan - After doing three more sessions of washing dishes by hand (almost an hour), I broke down and bought a $3.70 Jet Dry bottle. I only had to spend 5 minutes loading and pushing "Start." Debate over.

This has been my first full day watching the kids by myself. No big issues yet, but I did have Becky watch them for 1.5 hours while I finished up my roof job. I'm glad to have it done and I'm sure the owners are too. I'm also working from home so, I'm trying to get my hours in while the kids are sleeping or watching TV.








No comments:

Post a Comment