Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 51 & 52

Monday
Ryan - Woke up early to feed Jack and I couldn't fall back asleep, so I cleared out my work e-mail so I could leave early from work to do my side job. I guess this is an indirect way to earn more money, because if I get this side job done sooner, then I can start a new one sooner. Not a big deal though, because I'm trying to wrap up the side jobs for the year and spend more time with the family.

Lizzy - I am still feeling ill and its almost been a week. But still had energy to make it to work. I came home and was a little tired of staying home today so after naps I got the kids up and took them over to the Aquarium. We have the year long pass that was purchased before we started this so its a free activity for the year. It will come in handy during the winter months. I tried taking pictures but my camera ran out of batteries. I have a package of them at home but realized once they run out its not a necessity to buy more. SO I better make sure I only take pictures when they mean something otherwise it could be a year without pictures and batteries...yikes!!!! Well really only 10 months or so we are just about over with 2 months. So I don't think I will open the new pack until holidays and my trip next week. But it was a fun day with the fish. We had the
whole place to ourselves which NEVER happens when I go there. It was quiet and calm. Really nice. Jack had a riot with the penguins. One of them came right up to the window and would just star at him. Its like they had some sort of bond lol! Then Gracie loves ending the tour with the movie they play in the little theater. Its one of those boring documentary films of the sea you would watch late at night on pbs or something. But she loves it and I love that it keeps her entertained:)So we had a good day.

Tuesday
Ryan - Took the day off from my day job and took Gracie to her preschool field trip to the fire station. Gracie had a lot of fun. It was nice "spending" time with my daughter and let her know I support her and love her.

Lizzy - It was great that Ryan was home to take Gracie to her field-trip I think its important that they spend time together especially since Ryan works so much and there's not a lot of time at night to go places or do things together. Hopefully with winter coming the side work will slow down and we can spend more time with him. However its always a catch 22. If there's less side work there is less money and that doesn't seem good either. But still family should always come first and Summer will come sooner than we think and off he will go again. Its like we have a winter Ryan and a Summer Ryan:)  So when they came back he went off to work on a roof and I took the kids over to the South Jordan Historical Museum and the Gail Center. They
have quite the set up over there. Theres a little shop and house and fishing and school that the kids can play pretend.



Again we had the whole place to ourselves which makes for two days in a row that have been enjoyable. Gracie just loved the place and the ladies working the center were so kind to my kids. We spent this evening going for a walk and then making home-made ghosts out of white garbage sacks. Gracie and Jack each loved playing with them before they were hung outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment