Tuesday, November 30, 2010

DAY 107

TUESDAY

Lizzy - OH MAN!!! I go to pick up Gracie from Preschool today and hear this crunching sound. I first thought it was the tires going over the ice..but no...its just the tires. There is a flat and its half way off the rim. How did this happen?? So I am stuck at home today. Which is fine because I really don't have anywhere to go but still it stinks! Life always does this. I'm not totally shocked. Our car sucks and always has. We have never gone 1 month without paying something for it. Ryan keeps saying its cheaper to fix than to pay for another car. I almost am doubting that now. Oh well.
Ryan - The car repairs over all are a lot less than what our payments use to be, so my philosophy still holds true. Keep in mind, we would not buy a new car, so a warranty would not cover repairs and all cars need repairs every now and then. So is it cheaper to buy a new car, have payments, and still have to fork out money for a car payment or have a car paid for and still make occasional repairs (we have not had to spend money each month and some of those repairs did not exceed what our car payment would be). So there.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I TOTALLY relate!!! I hate forking over a car payment every month for a new car but it was cheaper than a 400-600 repair every month; which was beginning to be the norm. It totally sucks having a car payment but I have an amazing warranty and oil changes are free for the first 45000 miles! woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete