Friday, November 26, 2010

DAY 103

FRIDAY

Lizzy - Sat up last night watching an infomercial and got sucked in. I spent all morning having to refrain myself from getting online and just buying it. Its the "flavor wave" SO cool. The convenience, the variety and then time saving. So its hard to not give in. There are a couple of things I have bought online and I have not been too disappointed and then there are some I have regretted the minute I click purchase. But this was an entire all in one oven thing that cleans itself and cooks anything frozen to the "perfect" temp. So $150 that I am sure I would have broken down and just bought. I get paid double this next month for days I have covered so there's nothing to hold me back from my own personal spending money. What is sad is that I am more torn over buying the flavor wave then getting myself a new hair dryer. Weird. Nothing too crazy today. Just worked and then came home and relaxed all afternoon. We are headed out to do our grocery shopping and then to the post office. Later we will get started on our Christmas decorating. That may last through till tomorrow. SO I will tuck that money tightly away and consider this another savings. Not to mention its Black Friday. And every year we have gone out and made our purchases. Most of which were always unplanned. So the "black" part of this Friday are the mascara tears running down my face as I watch all the shoppers happily loading their bags with fun things:( See you next year shopping day.

Ryan - Trust me even if we weren't doing this no spending thing, I would have made Lizzy return her "oven". That's just a silly thing to do.

This is probably the one day I'm grateful we are not spending (Black Friday). I don't want to be standing in the freezing cold for hours or even overnight to buy something before someone else does.

TODAY'S WANTED ITEM: Flavor wave
COST: $150
TOTAL $ SAVED YTD: $3461.30

No comments:

Post a Comment