Monday, November 29, 2010

DAY 106

MONDAY

Lizzy -  Spent the evening sledding with some friends. We bundled up the kids and ourselves. I don't have any snow pants or boots and can't go get any. This time last year Jack was just 2 weeks old so I was not planning on going out in the snow. We talked about getting everyone some real snow gear this year but didn't know at the time we would be doing this no spending thing. So I initially thought I would just go and watch and then ended up taking a few runs down the hill. I was only in jeans and shoes and it was VERY cold. But still we had a good time and it was a free activity. Next year for sure I will be getting myself snow pants! So a savings this year of another $40 for pants and boots (just a guess I haven't priced them out) Gracie loved it and Jack not so much:) Maybe taking a 1 year old out on the hill wasn't such a great idea. Another dorky parent move on my part. He flipped out half way down the hill then got so cold he just stopped moving and clung on to me. I put him in the car and covered him in blankets. We didn't stay long, then came back to our place and played games and had hot cocoa. No money spent and still had fun:)

Ryan -Lizzy only wore jeans and shoes while sledding? Yeah, I guess it would be a little cold if that's all you are wearing. I didn't mind the view though :)! It was a little awkward for our friends, but they handled it okay. After sledding, went home and Lizzy put on a shirt and we had hot cider and cocoa.
I think another savings was perhaps going out to get hot chocolate or even a late snack at Village Inn, which we do when we get together with our friends. A possible $25 savings.

TODAY'S WANTED ITEM:  Snow Gear for lizzy
COST: $40 +$25
TOTAL $ SAVED YTD: $3601.30

1 comment:

  1. Ryan, you crack me up.
    Lizzy, $40 for pants & boots would work if you found them at a consignment or thrift store. New? No way.
    Love that you're sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete