Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 83

SATURDAY

Lizzy - What a great day. The weather was perfect and we got so much done today. Our "Fall Cleaning" went full force as we cleaned out the yard and leaves, painted the garage, shutters and door. And the paint we had left over from a couple years ago so no expense there. We even washed the windows and out door light fixtures which were REALLY dusty.

Even Gracie was out playing and Jack enjoyed exploring the yard. Although numerous times we had to take a handful of leaves out of his mouth:) Then our lovely neighbor came over and watched the kids while Ryan and I went on a REAL date night. He had been saving his gift cards that he got from side jobs and from his Birthday last month and put them together. 2 $25 gift cards to olive garden and 1 $25 gift card to the movies. So I will break this down. For the meal we made sure we counted every penny we were ordering so we would have enough for the tip. I made sure to get a cocoa instead of my usual pina colada and I got a dessert shooter in those tiny cups instead of my regular dessert I would normally order as well. With those and my meal it came to $23 and Ryans was less so that we had a $7 tip left over. Then the movies at the theater were $8.50 each and drink and candy came to $7.75 with $.25 left on the card which we just left. So there was nothing out of the ordinary on our purchases and there was $75 spent in one evening that we would normally do 2-3times a month. without thinking about it. I can't even imagine taking kids with us when they are older. Movies will turn into an event over $100 someday and it better be a DANG good movie which I am sad to say ours last night left nothing to be desired. However the experience was enjoyable!
Another savings I am throwing in for today is Christmas lights. We can't find our box of them and I am not surprised. With moving so many times they have slowly disappeared. So we made a few phone calls and found some extras people don't want anymore. They are a mixed match bunch but we don't care one bit. It saved the lights from getting trashed and our pockets from buying a new set. I don't even know how much to say lights are so I am guessing around $20 to buy what we would have wanted for the house. I'm also including my $1.49 on my favorite chex mix holiday edition.
I love those muddy buddies and wanted to throw them in the cart while doing the grocery shopping. But stuck to the list and what was healthy. So great day and our bank account will remain untouched again this weekend wahoo!!

TODAY'S WANTED ITEM: Date Night / Christmas Lights / Muddy Buddies
COST: $75 / $20/ $1.49

TOTAL $ SAVED YTD: $3185.05

Ryan - Well Melissa said it all. I just wanted to add that we didn't eat soups and salads. I just thought We are not going to get an opportunity to spend $75 dollars on entertainment the rest of the way. We have decided no to do any more trade-outs. We thought it would be detrimental to our goal and we didn't want to create a habit of doing this. I wanted to enjoy everything, dinner, movie (it was a disappointment), and time alone with my lovely wife. And two out of three ain't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment