Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 81 + 82

FRIDAY
Lizzy - I am really in the mood for a candle. I was at the store yesterday getting some carrots and then walked by the Salt City Candles. They smelled wonderful and since fall is here is my favorite time to break out the candles. So I've had to let this one go. Its KILLING ME!! So I walked away from the $20 purchase, came home and put some orange peels in the pot with a dash of ground cinnamon.
Which not only smells great it also creates moisture in the air and heats up the house. I will spend my holidays finding new items to throw in and change the smell. I can always use my leftover apples and spices to create something. Now my only problem will be remembering its on and not to burn the pot which I have done before. So I will have to set the timer and keep checking on it which is a hassle but its a cheap hassle.

Ryan - I can't believe that candles cost that much, but then again, I've never really paid attention to the prices of candles.
I was relieved from eating my PB & J's when my boss took us out to eat. I had to pick the place so I pick Rubio's It was nice to eat some non-Ryan prepared food.

TODAY'S WANTED ITEM: Candle
COST: $20

TOTAL $ SAVED YTD: $3183.56


THURSDAY
Lizzy - Today was MUCH better than yesterday. I think it was because I had more of a schedule and things to do. I had motivation to clean and exercise which always makes me feel better. I also was able to read and play with the kids. Gracie has school and a major part to my good day was that she had  a friend over that she loves playing with and it kept them occupied so I could get things done. I think its another reason I am really looking into my Day Care business. I think when there are more kids in my house that are not mine I find it easier to focus on things that need to get done as apposed to just my own kids. Crazy how that works but it just does. I do better with crowds and not one on one. Maybe that means I need to have more kids..lol...just kidding:):) I also got my licensing application in the mail so I am really happy to start this process. I wont really go full force until next spring. I want to see how much we need to get done around the house before my inspections and it will take some money up front to get started which I am applying for their grant. But in any case I am really excited about it and feel better the more I pursue this.

Ryan -I'm looking forward to Saturday. We have a $25 gift card to the Megaplex and $50 gift card to Olive Garden. Lizzy has been trying to convince me to try to stretch it out by seeing a matinee and ordering soups and salads for dinner. I know she's in a mindset and so am I, but I'm looking at this as an opportunity to have some fun without any financial repercussions. I'm kind of struggling if what I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment