Wednesday, August 25, 2010

DAY 13

Lizzy - GREAT NEWS!!! I have looked over our expense sheet for the last year and found that I was filling up on gas for the car every week. There wasn't a week that went by where I didn't fill up even a little. The average came to $32.00 over this year. I have since looked at this months fuel cost and noticed we have made it now over 2.5 weeks without filling up and I still have a 1/4 tank left. So for 2 weeks by cutting back our outings, combining our trips and walking most places we normally drive I have saved myself the average $32 bucks on gas!!! I had the temptation to drive to work only because I am very sore from yesterdays workout and the weather jumped back up to the 90's again. But again....I resisted!:):) Its these small accomplishments that help us keep pushing through. Once you overcome all the little things the bigger things seem easier. 

Ryan -  Talk to a friend and he mentioned our blog in your conversation. He said he's trying to be more cautious with is money now. That was great to hear that our blog has motivated him to change his spending. Today Lizzy and I ran again, this time around my parents block. I ran my mile in 7:28. We are now going to run every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday (if we feel like it). It's been two week now and we are still determined and faithful to our goal. 50 weeks to go.

$ IN POCKET:
TODAY'S WANTED ITEM: Fuel
COST: $32

YTD TOTAL: $230.07

No comments:

Post a Comment