Saturday, August 28, 2010

DAY 15

Lizzy- Today was another working day and not much else. Ryan did have the truck worked on and although it wasn't fun spending money it had to be fixed for inspections.  What we thought would be an easy deal turned out to be $500+ we have had to put into it. New windshield, new brakes, new tires, etc. YIKES! One good thing is that I was able to fix my flat tire on the car for free thanks to Discount Tire. I love those guys. Every time I go in they are willing to help and get us all drinks and because of the warranty we have things done at no charge. I also was able to get some free protein shakes from a friend. Its money I wanted to spend but never did and when she said she was going to get rid of hers she offered them. So for me it has been a day of free things but for Ryan...he seems to be the one costing me money:)

Ryan - Melissa forgets that she originally bought the truck :). It's been a good truck overall. It needed new brakes. I was bummed that the rear brakes were drums and not pads. I can change pads, but I've never done pads and I don't have the time to figure them out. I'm glad we have all these side jobs coming in.
I spoke with our medical insurance agent and she said we could forgo insurance for 2-month with and still be eligible for continuous coverage. I just have to make sure I get the application in by mid September. So that is a savings of $700+. That should cover the truck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment