Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 8

Ryan - Yep. I beat Lizzy to this day's blog. Finished up my food for lunch at work. Brought some chips that I stole from my parents home. It came in handy since I had to go straight to Kay's house to work. So I saved money by not eating dinner. I'm really proud of Lizzy. She is very determined to save money. I've noticed the lights aren't on as much in rooms she's not in. So that will help us save on electricity. She's always been good about running the central air efficiently.

Lizzy-  This is no competition between us Ryan... you goof. Although now that you mention it I HAVE been first on the posts now for 7 days which means its 7/1 my lead. Try and beat me:) So at work I was DYING for a drink. I did not bring any bottles to fill up on water and the drinking fountains are absolutely gross at my work. There is only one good one and it requires me to keep leaving the room to get a few gulps in. So this would have been a day to just plop a few quarters in the machine and grab a cold water or vitamin water (I still like those even though all the reports say there's no vitamins. But I purposely don't take money with me to work anymore for this reason. So there was my money saved. I was also invited to go to classic skating this week by a friend. I had purchased their summer pass a couple months ago which meant that anytime I took Gracie in we would only have to spend $1 for each activity. We have not used it much since and have been trying to take our kids many times. I of course had the time so I would have easily accepted the invitation. There is the bounce zone and the jungle gym which we have done in the past and most likely would have kept that same routine. I  doubt I would have spent any more than the $2. I don't ever buy drinks or food at the place. Its never interested me. I really wish that pass covered each visit like most season passes do. I am a bit sad that we can't take advantage of these pre-paid passes now. However it just means more money out of the pocket. I think having to pay every time you go regardless is quite clever on the business side but not worth  it as the consumer.

$ IN POCKET:
TODAY'S WANTED ITEM: drink, classic skating
COST: $1.25 , $2.00

YTD TOTAL: $146.32  

No comments:

Post a Comment