Thursday, August 26, 2010

DAY 14

Lizzy- Today the kids and I went up to Ryan's work to drop off the truck for inspections. So we had to wait for over and hour and decided to go back to his office. The temptation was this; it was hot, we had no lunch or cold water, we were surrounded by food joints and we had time to waste. OH MAN did we want to just go out to eat or at least get some drinks or ice cream.
Instead we grabbed our water bottles that were sitting in the car nice and warm and snacked on Ryan's chips and lunch meat that he brings to work. So right there I'm sure at least $15 would have been spent today. Its rare that we are together in the afternoon and whenever I have take the whole family up to his work it always results in our going out somewhere. So I think today with the heat and my grumpy kids and my lack of energy it was hard to be positive when I was driving home. My motivation and excitement failed me today:):) But at least we did not give in. And to some it may seem crazy that we spend this much on eating out and drinks but looking back on our tracking sheets over the last two years that was really what we did!! Every time it was always $20 or less so at the time it was just pocket change being spent but it all adds up and quickly.

Ryan - It was a blessing to have my lunch at work. Thank goodness I didn't eat on Monday or else I we wouldn't have had enough for the family. The kids enjoyed playing in the office. Jack was all over the place. And of course he kept going for the blinds. It was fun seeing my family in the middle of the day. Doesn't happen much.  Started a new side job today. Got light-head from the floor stripping solvent.
Lizzy discovered great new side dish (new to us that is) baked veggies mixed with some sauce and sea salt. Very tasty. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes. That's right. Any veggie you want! Incredible! And cheap.

$ IN POCKET:
TODAY'S WANTED ITEM: FOOD/COLD DRINKS
COST: $15 (at least)

YTD TOTAL: $245.07

No comments:

Post a Comment