Saturday, August 28, 2010

DAY 16

Lizzy - Saved a TON on money for groceries this week. Because of smiths $5 off anything coupon plus other mailer coupons and Wincos awesome deals my $100 budget we have every week for food only cost me $62 on top of that my mother was sweet enough to give me $20 because I took her shopping. So not a normal day and yes I DID try to reject the money for those of you thinking I'm now a moocher. And I DO send food over during the week for her so I wasn't going to fight it tooth and nail. But it was very appreciated. So there is  $25 I would have spent today for our grocery shopping.

Ryan - Well I spent $0.50 today for air. It was needed though. I forgot to bring my wheel barrel over to my dad's to fill up the tires for a concrete job. I was tempted to go back to his house, but we needed to beat the weather.  The forecast indicated that rain was expected around noon and I had 4 hours to get the concrete and pour it. I did have my dad go in on the cost for the air ($1.00!!!!!!!!!). I can't believe Chevron charges so much. I makes me want to purchase an adapter for my compressor. I think they are only $5. I'll resist for a year. We have our car tires fixed and so I don't expect to need air for awhile.

$ IN POCKET:
COST: $25

YTD TOTAL: $255.07

No comments:

Post a Comment