Monday, August 16, 2010

DAY 4

LIZZY- Today I spend all day cleaning out the garage. I was done spending forever searching for things. So now I feel like there is structure.....except by spending all day with that it left my house in shambles. Luckily I have the most awesome husband (that's for you ry) who came home and didn't even say anything but went straight to cleaning it all up. I LOVE YOU!!!:):) So to answer your question Ryan I DID look up energy savings. One site had said the $ amounts ranged from $1 to $9 a month. I found reliable sources proving that it does save....hundreds? No but at least something! You know whats funny is that this blog is actually a cool way for us to talk to each other especially when we go days without really seeing each other with schedules and stuff. I think its cool Anyways......SO today's big temptation was to stop at Frogurts for FHE tonight.. Its been a weekly thing for a while and it seemed like a perfect time. We went to the library and did not indulge ourselves in their delicious frozen yogurt that you can put ANY topping you want. YUM!! So instead we came home and made our own ice cream cones and sat on the porch with Gracie. She was pretending the ice cream cones were friends and kept acting as if she was a giant eating their "hair". It made me laugh!

Ryan - Well, I remembered to bring my lunch to work, which will save us a significant amount of money. Work has been so busy lately, but that has contributed in not thinking about spending money. To be quite honest, I'm not worrying about not spending money. It's something that feels right and can only do good for us. Lizzy and I spoke about not falling into the same spending habits after this is all over with. It's seems it would be easy to splurge after going so long with out any frivolous spending, but I pray that doesn't occur. I will feel this would be all for naught if we do not learn our lesson. I do hope that Frogurts is still open in a year. I love putting all those toppings on my blueberry yogurt. The ice cream is a sufficient substitute though.

One challenge is calling friends like Chad. When I think of calling him, I think what am I going to do with him that won't cost money. Still need to figure out that answer.

TIPS:  Items still plugged into your outlets are still using energy even when they are turned off. So its wise if you can to just unplug something when not using it. That includes TV's and computers, toasters,microwave,chargers etc. I agree its probably annoying to plug it in every time but every penny counts!

$ IN POCKET:
TODAY'S WANTED ITEM: Frogurt
COST: typically $10 for all 3 of us sometimes more or less.

YTD TOTAL: $126.57



No comments:

Post a Comment