Saturday, August 21, 2010

DAY 9

Long day/night! Jack has was awake since 2am screaming and fussy which has been the case for a while now. I know he has been sick lately so we decided to break down and take him to a kids care. At first I thought we would get out of there with just the co-pay and RX but oh no....they wanted an x-ray. At first all I heard was $$$$$$$ but then quickly realized that's not what this was about. And I'm glad I didn't fight it because it wasn't just a little ear infection, they found a spot in his lungs and diagnosed him with pneumonia. Great! So I am glad to have the RX and hopefully he gets better. But now that we are on our own health insurance plan its going to kick us in the bum for hospital visits. It's enough to make me want to stay inside all winter and avoid any illness. So after being up all night we had a yard sale with my family and some neighbors. I made a whopping $6 oh yeah! I only had 3 items to sell anyway so it wasn't too bad:). And of course any day we do our yard sales someone always makes a Slurpee run. And I really wanted to give in to that one today. It got very hot and everyone was thirsty. So instead just got a cup of water. Not as fun of course but it still quenched the thirst. Then another successful grocery shopping day  using coupons and took the family down to Sams Club (where we already had a membership prior). I am going to rave about them only because I find the product and pricing VERY much the same as Costco yet there are NO crowds.  And sample day is incredible. They give you full slices of pizza and ice cream cones all free of course. They just pile you up with food and are happy to do it compared to Costco where your fighting the crowds just to get a little cup. So free lunch for us on Sat's... score!!
Well the house is clean and the yard is getting cleaned up this moment and the evening is ours to relax or walk down to the park. I found some good tips on cleaning my floors. As soon as my swiffer sweeper solution runs out I will have to start using other methods. It really does cost a lot to pay for those pads and solution especially when I read up on the basic methods.

Ryan -  I realized I don't really think much about our finances now that Lizzy is managing the bills.So I struggle with my entries. I have no money to spend (other than fuel for my truck). I do need to schedule my refueling, so that Lizzy can fuel up the truck at Sam's Club. It's a lot cheaper.


TIPS:  
Here are a couple of solutions for your laminate floors: Add two tablespoons of baby shampoo to a gallon of warm water. Use this to mop your floors, rinse with clear water and then dry the floors as quickly as possible. You do not want to leave water standing on laminate flooring as it will seep into the product.

Another solution is one cup of white vinegar mixed with a gallon of warm water. Mop as you would with any other cleaner. No need to rinse.



$ IN POCKET:
TODAY'S WANTED ITEM: (Garage Sale : Golf clubs, dvd's, skate board), Slurpee
COST: $20.00 / $0.50 / $5.00 / $1.25

YTD TOTAL: $173.07
 

No comments:

Post a Comment