Tuesday, August 17, 2010

DAY 5


Lizzy- Today I stayed home and had no spending temptations. I did have a lot of time to think about this today and realized how difficult this could be. Maybe not right now because its still new and we are not running out of supplies just yet. One of the hardest challenges for me will be not buying make-up or getting my hair done. There could be a big debate on whether those are necessary's in life or just wants. In the world we live in today I don't know how kind it would be to those women who don't wear make-up. And I agree it doesn't need to be worn all the time but there are certain places we go and appearances we make where its best to pull yourself together and that "requires" a little extra grooming and make-up.
Now....I am in NO way going to let myself go cave woman here because those of you who really know me know its not possible. So I have taken inventory on my make-up supplies and I THINK if I plan it out carefully I can get away without having to buy anything. When I take a look at my schedules and demands I first look at the workplace. I work in a daycare with children under 9 years old. I HIGHLY DOUBT they even know what make-up is let alone care if I have any on. And the ladies I work with know me and have seen me with and without and I am sure at the end of the day don't really care. (Do you Katie??:) So that plus the fact that I am home really most of the time. I do go out during the week but no where special enough for dressing up. So I will use it on Sunday's I am sure and on certain occasions where needed. And then save it for days where I am feeling completely  down. Ryan luckily says he loves the fact that I never needed to wear make-up....so I guess already being married makes this decision a bit easier lol. Now for my hair....YIKES ...I don't know how this will work. I may be asking for my Christmas and birthday presents from my family to be to one salon. Unless I can find anyone who would be willing to do it for some trade work. Any takers?? I don't think I will need a cut but I should have planned it better not to have highlights that will be growing out soon.
Okay so those were my thoughts. Yes all superficial. I think lots of money is spent on appearance and for good reason. But this will for sure be the test of confidence in myself!

Ryan - Well, let me comment on Lizzy's remarks about make-up. She's still beautiful without it, which is one reason I was attracted to her, but I understand girls need their make up. Besides her long hair she can go "granola" except for the the "not taking a bath" thing.
When I left for work, I didn't consider not coming home for dinner. I went straight to do a side job and so I downed an extra banana. Unfortunately, I had to do some jack hammering and that kicks your butt. So hunger set in about 6 pm, but I wasn't going to break. I've done it before so it's no big deal, plus I wrestled in high school and so I knew mentally I'd be strong. About 7 pm, Kay  asked me to take a break and eat the dinner she had prepared for me. What a pleasant surprise!
It funny. It's almost been a week that we have been doing this and I don't really think of things I want. I sure that will change when work slows down and I'm left to ponder about things.

TIPS:
Something I never really thought about was buying the generic brand of medicine. Did you know that when you get a RX from your doctor you could ask for the generic brand? Maybe you did but I knew about over the counter generic but never thought my written RX's could be as well. In any case by LAW they are required to have the same ingredients so... when we were at the store the other day I took a little time to look at the ingredients on the back and they were right. Every ingredient is the same! Same names, same amounts, same everything. So its a no brainer from here on out. No more Tylenol instead we will use the generic. As well as Vaseline. Its not just a few cents here and there its literally $2-$5 difference or more with these products.

$ IN POCKET:
TODAY'S WANTED ITEM:Take out for Dinner
COST: $6.50

YTD TOTAL: $133.07     

No comments:

Post a Comment